Roast Chicken in a Herb & Garlic Sauce


I love chicken! I have it at least twice a week but I tend to get stuck in a routine and cook it the same old way each week. This week I was feeling inspired and wanted to mix it up a bit. I found this recipe and thought it looked delicious so I gave it a whirl...and I am glad I did because it was so good! I literally was so excited about it I dished it up so quickly that I forgot to get a photo once i'd taken it out of the oven, hence the photo dominated by vegetables! Its so easy to make and I didn't need to go out and buy anything special because i had all the ingredients already. It has to be one of the tastiest chicken recipes i have tasted!
This recipe feeds 3-4 people. 

Ingredients

6-8 chicken thighs (drumsticks would also work)
700g new potatoes (cleaned)
3/4 cup of white wine 
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup of finely chopped herbs (any herbs e.g. rosemary, parsley, thyme and/or sage)
3 tablespoons of olive oil (extra for frying)
Salt and pepper (for seasoning)

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.

2. In a frying pan add some olive oil and heat to a high temperature. Once oil is hot place the chicken thighs in the pan (3-4 at a time) and cook until both sides are crispy and brown. Then remove from the pan.

3. Place the chicken pieces and potatoes in a large deep sided roasting pan.

4. Mix the wine, stock, mustard, garlic and herbs together and pour over the chicken.

5. Then drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

6. Roast uncovered for an hour, or until cooked through.

7. Serve with steamed vegetables.

Enjoy x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Bounty Bars

Massaman Fish Curry

Finnish Scones