Paleo Anzac Cookies



I'm back!! Sorry I have been MIA over the past few weeks but I have been full on with work, since the kids have been on Easter holidays I have had to keep them thoroughly entertained! I did spend some of the holidays cooking as I had many cooking requests from the kids, especially to make my basil pesto and simple chocolate ice cream recipes which I must say were eaten very quickly.


As i'm sure most of you are aware , especially if you are in NZ & OZ, that Anzac day this Saturday is an extra special one as it marks the 100th anniversary. So I thought why not make a batch of Anazc cookies to commemorate this special occasion and also share them with the English family I nanny so I can give them a bit of history about Anzac Day.

These Anazc cookies are delish and super easy to make. Pop all the ingredients into the food processor and "wellah" your cookie dough is done...its honestly that easy!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 a cup of desiccated or flaked coconut
1/2 a cup of flaked or chopped almonds
2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil (or coconut oil)
2 tablespoons of raw honey (rice malt syrup or organic maple syrup)
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of water


Method

1. Preheat oven to 150℃.

2. Place the oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor or blender. Then add the oil, honey and vanilla.

3. Turn on the processor and process for around 30 seconds or until combined.

4. Add the water and process again (this will help it all stick together).

5. Form the cookie dough into small balls (will make about 15) and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

6. Flatten down the balls (make sure they have enough room around each one).

7. Place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.

8. Leave to cool before eating. Once cooled they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen Bounty Bars

Massaman Fish Curry

Finnish Scones